Powered By Blogger

Monday 30 November 2015

DEVELOPERS INDEED(INTEL XDK)






Hi readers, I am extremely happy you are looking at this right now. From the header I can confidently ascertain that  you are either a software developer, programmer, coder, software engineer or what not. If you are none of those listed up there, you are probably a lover of technology.

My subject today is focused on the PRESTIGIOUS INTEL XDK. Well, I raised my eyebrows as to this new development. I as a growing software developer personally dislike writing codes with IDEs except in rare cases where the environment requires that I do. For example, developing Android applications requires that I use have eclipse installed with the neccesary plugins or that I do with an the Android sdk.Another instance is developing for Windows mobile, one needs the Visual Studio sdk (That's as far as I can go, not a fan anyway).

It bothers me when I see young developers like me (not me) writing Java, PHP, html, programs in Eclipse, InteliJ, Netbeans and every other SDK they can lay their hands on. However, I get booed when they find me do my thing on a text editor that gives me crazy stress.

WHY?
SDKs make you get through bugs as easily as possible, and also places a very large opaque and ridiculous wall just in-front of your eyes, restricting you from digesting vital informations. I personally code Java using a very beautiful text-editor (Sublime_Text). I like to do that because I tend to take note of specific details while I code and on the long run I can write as long as 50 lines of code to perform interesting tasks and then pop up my cmd.exe and launch my app with no errors. That was amazing.

So, here is my point, Keep calm and Code on. No shortcuts. It actually pays off. Use the XDKs if you have to, don't jus make them a lifestyle until you are well grounded.

Look at some examples:
James Goslin, creator of Java and Computer Science graduate. He probably never handled an IDE while designing and building Java. 

Linus Tovarld, creator of Linux O.S (2% of the whole thing tho). He did this without these tools we all clamour about.

I get your point, of course life gets better, easier and funner and I'm not saying don't use IDEs, Just set a standard. That's all.

Sorry about all these arrangements, I'm still an amatuer blogger or let's say, an hobbyist. Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment